Introducing the London String School Training Ensemble
Explore the fundamentals of good ensemble playing in 5 Saturday sessions! Join us for a series of immersive ensemble sessions and experience the joy of collaborative music making!
- Duration: 2 hours (5.30pm to 7.30pm)
- Day: Every other Saturday
- Tutor: David Worswick
- Venue: Whitcomb Street Studio, WC2H 7DT
Term Dates - Autumn 2023
This new ensemble runs once per fortnight (every 2 weeks) during the Autumn Term, on the following dates:
October 7th, 21st
Half Term - Saturday 28th October (no class)
November 4th, 18th
December 2nd (Informal Performance - venue and times to be confirmed)
Welcome to our Training Ensemble, new for Autumn 2023, a fortnightly in-person program, designed to propel you towards ensemble playing excellence!
This program is designed for intermediate players who have already reached a standard equivalent to Grades 3-4, or who have completed our Intermediate Violin Course.
- How to Play in a Group
- Effective Rehearsal Technique
- Building Confidence
- Group Performance Skills
- Leading and Following
- Listening to Different Parts
- Blending Sounds Together
- How to Realise a Shared Musical Interpretation
Repertoire for Autumn 2023
Embrace a diverse repertoire that will challenge and inspire you, whilst helping you to develop your collaborative music making skills.
The music will include a wide selection of pieces in a variety of different styles and genres, from the medieval to the modern!
Why Join the Training Ensemble?
- Personal Development - Connect with your creative side, and develop the skills you need to collaborate effectively as a musician.
- Meet Like-Minded Learners - Play together with people who share your passion and excitement for music.
- Take Time for Yourself - Switch off from your everyday routine, and enjoy a session that’s solely about making great music together.
- Grow as a Musician - Unlock your personal and artistic potential and experience the revitalizing power of music.
Who is This Ensemble For?
This Ensemble is designed for adult learners who have already reached a standard equivalent to Grades 3-4, or who have completed our Intermediate Violin Course.
We recommend that you can play fluently in first position. Some music may involve shifting into higher positions, but there’ll always be a first position option for you to choose.
The initial Autumn 2023 session will be for violin only, however violists and cellists are welcome to get in touch to join our waiting list for future sessions! Please email email@example.com
Your Training Ensemble sessions are led by David Worswick, a graduate of the Royal Academy of Music and a former first violinist of the London Symphony Orchestra.
David has years of experience both as a teacher and performer. He has given concerts throughout the world, made award-winning recordings, premiered hundreds of new works, and created a wealth of resources for violin learners.
He is a kind, caring teacher who brings a wealth of knowledge and practical insights to help you succeed!
Secure your place in the Training Ensemble today by registering online.
If you have any questions about the program, you can contact us at any time at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 020 3051 0080.
Join us this Autumn, and embark on a musical journey of creativity and camaraderie!